Welcome to our Dark Paradise

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Youki
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~   Tue May 28, 2013 6:02 pm

“It seems you’ve come to understand a little about loss.” A man’s voice spoke quietly, hidden beneath the sound of cold rain hitting the dirt road and plant life around him. He wore a brown cloak which obscured most of his features, but his face was clearly visible. Two dull gray eyes, blinded by an injury long ago, pale as snow skin, and long scarlet hair, that reached down to his shoulders, it seemed like it had been cut with a dagger, unkempt and wild looking, making it seem like this man was not at all civilized.

He stood in the middle of what seemed like a war zone, corpses littering the ground, puddles of blood and trees that burned, every once in awhile making a sizzling sound as water droplets made contact with the heated inferno’s. The sky was as dull as his eyes, featureless aside from the occasional flash of lightning followed by an intense crackle of thunder. Water poured down the man’s face, whether it was from the rain that had soaked him to the core or from his own eyes, it was impossible to tell.

It was then, that something stirred in front of him, the silhouette of a small girl. She stood huddled under a tree, trembling in fear. She dared not move any more than she had, terrified that she would meet the same fate as those around her, the same fate as her entire village.

However, instead of killing the young girl, the man simply turned on his heel and began walking away, toward a dark lake in the distance. He stopped short, standing in the middle of a puddle as a small beam of moonlight illuminated his features. “You shall now share in my pain, perhaps you will even come to utilize it like I have. What I have bestowed upon you, is a fate far worse than ending your life right here. If I were you, I’d pray for death quickly.” He spoke in a soft, but eerily cruel tone. “Pain is inevitable, but suffering from such pain..is optional.” Were the last words he said before trudging off into the night, leaving the girl to decide her own fate.

Touhou Newcomer
Touhou Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~   Wed May 29, 2013 7:25 pm

"Suffering is optional, huh?" The youkai watched from behind a building as the man walked away, not sure what to do. She was very hungry, and the girl looked to be a good meal. But then, she had just lost her family, and the youkai could sympathize.

She pushed her black hair out of her eyes, so she could see the girl better. She was in no shape to run or fight, that was clear. Eating her would be quick and easy, and it would certainly end her suffering. But it would also be boring, no excitement or challenge at all.

She walked out where the girl could see her, but the girl made no response. "Can you hear me?" The girl, still crying, looked up. "You remind me a bit of myself, when I was younger. So I'll offer you a choice. I can take you away from here, make you safe. Or, I could eat you. Most youkai would simply skip to the eating, of course, but I'm curious: Do you want to live, or not?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Youki
Founder
Founder

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~   Wed May 29, 2013 8:33 pm

OOC: This is actually a fanfic, but if you'll allow me to add the next part, we can turn this into a RP afterwards. For funz

Touhou Newcomer
Touhou Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~   Thu May 30, 2013 10:17 am

Oh, sorry.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~   

Back to top Go down

Shattered Memories ~Sneak Peak~
Page 1 of 1